Summer in the B.L.A! There's nothing like it.
Hope you all are enjoying the sunshine and the lake life while it's here.
One of my favorite parts about living in the B.L.A. is having access to all of the amazing lakes nearby. Also can't beat a good patio on a summer evening!
Fishing reports so far have been steady with game fish such as Bass, Northern Pike, and Walleye! Anglers are reporting a good evening bite on live bait for walleyes. Panfish can be caught at just about any dock, so grab the kids and have some fun!
BEHIND THE DIRT TIP → Summer is full tilt for Land Services. Between setting up properties and creating food plots, the sweat equity happens now!
When planting a food plot this summer make sure to follow this simple tip to increase your success. After tilling up the dirt wait 1-2 weeks and then spray it. A lot of times all those weeds that are worked up come back up. Spraying them will help that issue and give you a better plot. Then wait 1-2 weeks after spraying to plant before a good rainfall!
Fall will be here before you know it! Get those trails cleared, stands hung, plots in, and cameras out! Don’t be that guy doing it a week before firearm season!
My favorite summer recipe: Sunny Tacos
8-12 sunny filets, skin off
1 box of Shorelunch Breading and Batter mix
Vegetable or canola oil
Taco shells (soft or hard) and your favorite taco toppings (Options are lettuce or cabbage, tomato, cheese, etc!)
Additional seasonings of choice (salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, etc.)
1. Add your Shorelunch to a shallow bowl or pan + season with additional seasonings to taste. Add in your fillets to the mix and cover them on each side completely.
2. Heat up your oil in a deep frying pan like a cast iron. You'll want a few inches of oil - enough to almost completely submerge your fillets.
3. Once the oil is hot, deep fry your fillets until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes on each side.) You can also grill them for a more healthy option!
4. Once your fillets are done, transfer them to a paper towel to soak up some of the excess grease and squeeze lemon juice on top.
5. Time to assemble! Grab your taco shell with your fillets and add all of the fixings. I like lettuce, tomatoes, and a spicy ranch!
Let me know what you think if you try them out!
Catch ya next month!
- JordanPosted by Colton Maher on